Compose group of companies have key expertise in design and manufacture of tools or moulds. In 2013 Compose created CT1, a dedicated subsidiary for the research, development and testing of tools and composite processing.
Compose Tools offer:
- Design and manufacturing of innovative metal tools/moulds.
- Design and manufacturing of special machines.
- Design and manufacture of Heated tools/moulds.
- Metal & Composite machining.
- Design, development and engineering of composite and plastic parts.
Compose design and manufacture all tools required to make parts by;
- Preforming tool.
- Moulding tool.
- Bonding tool.
- Trimming tool.
- Checking tool.
For processes relevant to composite, plastic & rubber materials.
- Integration of tool/mould to RTM equipment and hydraulic presses.
CT1 offers Tool Testing Services
- Tools testing (composites process).
- Design and engineering of composite parts.
- Composite process industrialization.
- Composite parts production.
- Technical & economical analysis.
- Optimization functions, weight saving.
- Material strength Calculation (Nastran et SAMCEF).
- Thermal analysis.
- Flow Simulations (Moldflow et PAM RTM).
Simulations and analysis to guarantee production repeatability and quality though;
- Mass distribution in tools.
- Material choice.
- Expansion simulation.
- Injection points positions.
- Thermal sources dimensions.
CT1 operate a 600sqm state-of-the-art composite manufacturing facility comprising;
- Compression moulding presses.
- Heated platens.
- Infrared oven 400°C.
- Oven 400°C.
- Temperature controllers (oil/water) from 30 to 100 kW.
- 1K and 2K injection unit.
- Vacuum equipment to control RTM moulds.
- Control & recording means.
Compose have a proven track record of innovation as evidenced by multiple awards.
Compose Group Operate from Bellignat and the Technocampus EMC2 sites;
Bellignat, France TechnoCampus EMC2, France